Posted to rec.food.equipment
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Juicers: Recommendations on affordable one that works well?

"jt august" < wrote in message
> In article <
> "Bertie Doe" <wrote:
>
>> Yes they're following in the footsteps of Japan and Taiwan. They make
>> pretty
>> good stuff, that's designed to work perfectly for a few years. Getting
>> replacement parts can be problematic.

> Honestly, I'm somewhat jaded on this whole subject. Part of why I like
> to by working used cheap.

I'm in the same boat, I like to buy used and so far I've been lucky with
eBay. A few weeks ago I got a mixer for £28. In the late 70's Kenwood
stopped making this model, but it's built like a tank. The new ones cost 10
x as much and the changes only seem to be cosmetic.

I guess it depends on useage. We bought an electric sewing machine on eBay,
ex demonstrator, half size for only £10. I was surprised when it managed to
sow burlap/hessian together!! In truth, it won't get used much, so it was
worth taking a risk and buying 'cheap and cheerful'.