cez1 cez1 is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cess View Post
There are only two things to remember if you want to have great service in your restaurant:

1. You can train nice people to do anything, but you can't train people to be nice!
2. Once you hire nice people, you have to train them!

The biggest mistake any restaurateur makes is assuming. (I think we all know that old joke about breaking down the word "assume," so let's move on ) For example: Assuming that just because a new hire seems bright and friendly, she'll know what to do if a guest doesn't like his food.
Assuming that your new waitress will know how to answer the question, "What's the best dish on the menu?"
Oh, that's right!!! Absolutely right.. waiters should know the best dish and the special foods of the restaurant.. So that when someone ask he can answer it, don't ever assume.