Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default finally convinced my hubby

Evelyn > wrote:

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: > Can you just keep the no sugar added Smuckers jam in the house? Also keep
: > lots of Wasa or Ryevita in plae of all those english muffins. Then he can
: > have peanut butter and jelly if he likes.
: >
: > I have also found the Arnold bakery carb bread pretty good and infinitely
: > better than the "light" breads which are so insubstantial that they don't
: > satisfy. the Arnold I get has 9 grams of carb per slice, 3 fiber for 6
: > grams net and tastes pretty good and has some heft.
: >
: > Wendy

: He knows about the substitutions but he doesn't even care.

: I will look for that bread, Wendy.

: --
: --
: Best Regards,

Can't you try to have just the OK jam in the house? I actually make my
own during the summer when I can either pick or buy berries fairly
inexpensively. You must have access to blackberries inlateJuly and
August, and blueberries are sometimtes on great sales a few times in the
summer at about $2 a pint. I use the no sugar neede pectin adn follow
the directions in he package. You can either do sterilized jam or freezer
jam, (if you have enough freezer room). If you want luxury, get the ocal
strawberries or go to a u-pick place if yur back can take it and the smae
for rapberries. I usesd to have enough raspberries on our little piece of
land to make jam, but they dies off and now I get enough for a few at
breakfast.

The home made is much tastier than the Smuckers. I sweeten it with
either Equal or splenda when I open the jar adn then refrigerate the open
jar as it does not last long when it has no sugar as a preservative.

Wendy