Jack Denver

Default Built-in Grill Advice

Yes, I agree - I grew up in Joisey and "barbecue" was a synonym for
"grill" - as in "I'll barbecue some hot dogs". There is a whole barebecue
subculture that takes its 'cue very seriously and calling a grill a barbecue
(the device or the process) is fightin' words.

Once you get your gas grill, with or without smoker box, you will find that
it can indeed be used for more than just grilling. If you learn the method
of "indirect cooking" it can do just about anything you could do with your
oven (plus add a little smoke flavor too). A lot of people get gas grills,
use them for burgers & steaks and little more and don't realize the full
potential of the device to do things like whole turkeys, etc.