Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Doctor Mom

In article >,
Kathleen > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > "Tonia" > wrote:
> >

> >>Well hell, if I had codeine tablets I wouldn't be worried about posting on
> >>here for some
> >>home remedies......LMAO! Jeez, let me know who your DR is because I
> >>definitely need to go to them the next time I'm ill. I'm not making fun of
> >>you, but most people just don't have codeine at their disposal. Maybe, it
> >>just me.
> >>
> >>Tonia (Still Chuckling)

> > If you have the right Dr., a codeine prescription is seldom hard to get.
> > I turned down the last one I was offered. The pain I'm experiencing at
> > this point is chronic and I am afraid of getting addicted to that stuff.
> > :-P
> >
> > I'll just live with it for now...
> > The price of opiate addiction is far too high imho.

> Yep. I've been living with chronic back pain for 22 years now (car
> accident). "Diffuse soft tissue injury sited near t-5 and t-6".

Take a look at Airrosti.
I'm not sure I'm a candidate for it at this point. It's a leg injury but
the Ortho' thinks it's nerve transmission from the lumbar spine.

It's crooked.

And I don't agree. The pain is wrong.

> Drugs, PT, chiropractic treatment, accupuncture, biofeedback training.
> The only thing that worked worth a damn was lifting weights and really
> aggressive massage.

Heh! Thanks for that. Heavy weight lifting is helping more than anything
else and I've just started massage therapy so the jury is still out on
that. The therapist is good tho' and not afraid to go deep.

I told her to ignore me if I say "ouch". Unless I say stop.

> It took a long time to convince my husband that he
> really could push *that hard*. I can't prove it but what it feels like
> is the pressure is breaking down microcalcifications or strands of scar
> tissue. It actually makes a crunchy sound/sensation.

And it hurts so good.

> And I have a weight machine in my sewing room and when I start getting
> achey I'll stop and do a couple sets of the chest, arm and back
> exercises. And I have this rule for myself... If I walk away from the
> sewing machine to play with the computer I have to do a set of
> exercises, and I also have to log onto subfinder and check for work.

Don't forget to stretch!

> When the pain is especially bad I ice my back. I put on a thin t-shirt
> and fill a gallon ziplock bag with crushed ice and water, then sit in
> one of the recliners with the bag behind me. It gives such good relief
> that I'm always mad at myself for not having done it sooner, it's just
> that the first couple minutes are so unpleasant that I dread doing it.

Hm. Might have to try that for the leg issues. Thanks.
--
Peace! Om

"Any ship can be a minesweeper. Once." -- Anonymous