Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default American chopsticks

LOU wrote on Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:39:03 -0500:

> I love chopsticks...what an invention. I always use
> them...great for stir-fry. How can you eat Chinese ,
> Japanese, Thai, etc. without using chopsticks???

> http://community.webtv.net/LOUHALL/SERENDIPITYCATERING

It's not quite on topic but the group ba.food mentions that the San
Francisco Chronicle has a review of Bay Area dim sum that has the
following sentence "Try not to cross your chopsticks when picking up
food (think of a clamp instead of scissors)". I don't feel strongly
since I'm not sure which is which but it's contrary to some advice that
has been posted here. By the way, the review is

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...FDGJ15D5ID.DTL
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland