B.Server

Default Converting NBBD to Make Lump Charcoal ?

On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:20:48 -0600, "~ ElektraMan ~"
> wrote:

>I have a NBBD (older model with the heavier gauge metal). After having
>recently purchased a WSM, I don't think I will use it (the NBBD) again for Q
>ing. It's terribly difficult to control the heat, even with the mods, and
>it's a huge fuel hog.

[...]
>Thanks,
>Steve

Just a thought, but if the heat is hard to control and it burns a lot
of fuel, it sounds to me as though it is difficult to seal
sufficiently to make good charcoal. You make have your work cut out
to make it produce charcoal. Let us know how it turns out.