Posted to rec.food.cooking
modom (palindrome guy)[_3_] modom (palindrome guy)[_3_] is offline

Default Is RISOTTO hard to make at home?

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 23:12:32 +0000 (UTC),
(Steve Pope) wrote:

>Default User > wrote:
>
>>I was watching Anthony Boudain's show a couple of weeks ago, visiting
>>Venice. He went to a place that makes risotto with broth from a small
>>fish called "Go". When the cook was making it, periodically he would
>>pull the saucepan towards himself, causing a strema of the mixture to
>>fountain into the air a foot or more.

>This nicely encapsulates why I never watch food TV.

It was on the Travel Channel. Bourdain's "No Reservations" is a good
show I think. I almost never find it wanting in either information or
wit.

Food TV, on the other hand, seems to be suffering from a video strain
of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. Many experts believe Marc Summers is to
blame, although it was likely Paula Deen who actually deep fried his
tiny, prion-infected brain and served it to the rest of the employees.
With butter. Sandra Lee thus became inevitable.

On a happy note, Summers never missed his brain.
--
modom

ambitious when it comes to fiddling with meat