Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default American chopsticks

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 18:55:44 +1300, bob >
wrote:

>On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 21:45:29 -0800, sf > shouted from
>the highest rooftop:
>
>>On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 17:51:06 +1300, bob >
>>wrote:
>>
>>>BTW: The trick with those is - after you break them apart (sometimes a
>>>skill in itself) - remove any splinters by drawing the edges of each
>>>stick across each other like using steel to sharpen a knife. I learned
>>>that from a friend in Hawaii many years ago.

>>After you do that, let them soak in your tea.

>How uncivilised ... ;-)b

LOL! I learned that one by looking around and seeing what the real
Asians (people who didn't speak English at their table) were doing.
Can't say I notice a difference, but I don't notice a difference after
doing that sanding thing either. Cheap chopsticks aren't splintery if
you break them correctly.

Mae West