Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default American chopsticks

Chemiker wrote on Sun, 25 Jan 2009 17:40:44 -0600:

>> I'm a chop stick enthusiast but I have to admit that you
>> could eat sushi or sashimi with a fork and spoon perfectly
>> well but chopsticks add to the ambience.

> Love ya, James, but I disagree.

> You could eat sashimi with your hands, also, "perfectly' well.
> How would you do it with a fork? Spear it? With a spoon."
> scoop it up"? This is a case where "tweezers" work.. <G>

Aren't you being a bit obtuse and mystical? You could lift sashimi with
a fork or spear it and get all the essential texture and flavor even if
I would prefer chopsticks as I mentioned. In general, sushi is best
handled with chopsticks since manipulating it, like dipping in soyu, is
easier but I bet I could manage quite well with spoon and fork.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland