Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What is a substitute for kitchen twine?

Goomba wrote:
> Janet Wilder wrote:
>

>> What a great idea! I happen to have most of a "loaf" of gauze
>> "sponges" in 4 x 4 size. I never thought of using them for that
>> purpose. Thanks ever so much.

> Try to find packaged "burn gauze" next time. The guaze is larger and
> folded into multiple layers for a "pad" but can be opened up and separated.

So can these. Into two parts, IIRC.

I didn't exactly shop for them. I had them as dressings after some
surgery left a huge hole in my abdomen that had to be dressed with wound
gel and this gauze stuff. The hospital gave me this enormous package the
size of a loaf of bread and I still have a large portion left over.

FoodBanter.com Database Error
Database Error Database error
The FoodBanter.com database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
  • Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
  • Open the www.foodbanter.com home page, then try to open another page.
  • Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.foodbanter.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.