Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What vegetable goes with Lasagna?

On Jan 23, 12:32*am, Goomba > wrote:
> Dale P wrote:
> > I always go with a green vegetable with pasta. *You definitely do not
> > want squash or any other heavy veggie. *I like garlic buttered peas,
> > green beans, brussel sprouts, lima beans, and even broccoli. *I usually
> > reserve broccoli for the evening we are having sea food. *Just me. *Make
> > the vegetable colorful and not too filling to accompany the lasagna.

> > Later,

> > Dale P

> And I never serve a vegetable side dish during the pasta course. A salad
> after the lasagna is the norm.

I doubt the OP thinks in terms of the "pasta course". He's probably
having
lasagna for dinner and that's it. If he serves a salad, I'd bet
dollars to doughnuts
that it'll be served before or with the lasagna.

My husband was used to having everything served at once, but I've got
him onto
salad before dinner now, in a blatant effort to fill his stomach with
leaves so he'll
eat less of the calorie-dense foods. It's not really working very
well, but I refuse
to give up. At our house, it's salad and then the meat and starch.
Typically no
other vegetable is served, because he wouldn't eat them.

Loved your broccoli salad idea, though. That'll keep broccoli from
winding up
blooming in the trash.

Cindy Hamilton