Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jean B.[_1_] Jean B.[_1_] is offline

Default Barack Obama's Chili Recipe

aem wrote:
> On Jan 17, 10:50 am, Lynn from Fargo > wrote:
>> On Jan 17, 10:54 am, Chemiker > wrote:> On Sat, 17 Jan >
>>> Well, I can safely say he ain't from Texas. Except for the missing
>>> cinnamon, this could pass for Skyline. They eat funny up there.

>> . . .
>> Whoa! That ain't even CLOSE to Cincinnati Chili! Where's the
>> chocolate, the coffee, the 27 other ingredients? Over RICE? With
>> TURKEY? I love Obama, but I thought he was supposed to be a Foodie.
>> That recipe sounds like it was written by a spinmeister to keep the
>> health nuts happy!

> Not Texas chili, not Cincinnati chili, not the kind of chili you spend
> weekend hours creating. I'd say it's a typical middle of the road
> fast weeknight 'let's throw together something that reminds us of
> chili' dish. IOW the kind of thing that's made all the time in
> kitchens all around the country. -aem

I looked this us because I wondered whether it was like such
recipes our moms might have made. The vinegar is very different
(for me, anyway). I guess I have one foot in each chili camp with
the one mom made (with beans, tomatoes, etc.) being a comfort
food, and the "more-authentic" ones being something else.

--
Jean B.