Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default Barack Obama's Chili Recipe

On 2009-01-18, blake murphy > wrote:

> i think this is why bush views his tenure as largely successful.

Like most past prezes.

There is an us-vs-them mentality in this country. That we're-all-equal crap
falls apart after a certain economic strata has been surmounted. Many
societies are class conscious by birth or heredity. Since the US culture is
so young, without centuries of tradition, we're strictly money based. Some
of it is even invented and totally bogus. The Devil Wears Prada is a
brilliant satire on wealth driven class consciousness in this country.

Miranda Priestly: Oh, don't be ridiculous. Andrea. Everybody wants this.
Everybody wants to be us.

nb