Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default Barack Obama's Chili Recipe

On Jan 17, 6:01*am, "Jean B." > wrote:
> As an offshoot of another thread, I thought I'd rather cook
> something that isn't glitzy, something that Obama enjoys. *Turns
> out he is reported to like takeout from a pizzeria, shrimp and
> grits, and his own chili. *His recipe is available at:
>
> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0...recipe_n_89826....
>
> This deviates from MY chili in a number of ways, but I might just
> do this on Tuesday. *And why? *Because I feel like celebrating in
> my own small way.
> --
> Jean B.

No doubt Obama grew up with and has a taste for the local Hawaiian-
style chili which is pretty unique. Hawaiian-style chili is rather
soupy and contains no corn flour as a thickener. It's made with ground
beef and always contains beans - mostly canned kidney beans. It tends
to be on the sweet side and is eaten on white rice. It's obvious that
he has eaten a lot of Zippy's Chili from that popular local restaurant
chain. I've eaten a lot of the stuff too. I will aways get it with
cheese and onions on top. The local rumors that I've heard is that the
secret ingredient in Zippy's chili is mayo but don't tell anybody that