Posted to rec.food.equipment
Dee Randall Dee Randall is offline

Default Juicers: Recommendations on affordable one that works well?

> wrote in message
> jt august > wrote:
>
>>It depends on both the individual's body and the chosen fruit of
>>vegetable. With lemons, you don't wont to blend and drink the pith.
>>Very bitter and unpleasant. With carrots, if properly cleaned, you
>>could blend down the whole thing, but pulpy carrot juice is just
>>unpleasant to drink, and you would have to dilute it some to get it thin
>>enough to drink. But carrots through a juicer are simply the carrot
>>flavored liquid, no pasty pulp.
>>
>>Your question, while valid, has an answers with too many "it depends
>>..." variables in the answer.

> OK
>
> Just trying to determine what KIND of juicer I want
>

> My goals is to make my own veggie"concoctions" that are
> healthy and would potentially save money over buying
> pre-made juices such as V8

I imagine you are speaking of consistency, but consider the price of
tomatoes. As I recall, V8 is somewhat the consistency of tomato juice. I
don't think the Vitamix would do the job for you regarding tomatoes, the
power is so high that it will create a foam.

From most fruits, the power of the Vita-mix produces a juice that is frothy
and some find objectionable. For instance, I wouldn't make a gazpacho (sp?)
in it without astute attention, and probably not at all.

For juice, the consistency of V-8, I think I would consider others'
suggestions here.

Dee Dee