Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants
Dimitri Dimitri is offline

Default Waitress: "How does everything taste?"

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>A few restaurants have trained their wait-droids to ask, "How does
> everything taste?" instead of the usual, "Can I get you anything?"
> or, "Is everything OK here? <smile>".

Actually although not practiced today the "is everything OK" statement was a
transfer of liability and agreement to pay for the food statement under Old
English Common Law. Up to that point the diner (usually in country Inns)
were allowed to return the food as it may have been spoiled. We need to
remember refrigeration and food preservation is a fairly recent thing.

Dimitri