Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jean B.[_1_] Jean B.[_1_] is offline

Default Thai food recommendation

Charlene Charette wrote:
> My husband and several of our friends like Thai food, but I don't do
> hot, peppery spices (ginger, garlic, etc. are fine). I know next to
> nothing about Thai food except that the few times I've tried something
> it was too hot for me. I'm thinking that surely there must be at least
> one dish I could eat. Any recommendations?
>
> TIA,
> --Charlene

Like others, I think Phad Thai is a good, nonspicy starter dish.
Although I love various other Thai dishes, I find myself returning
to that embarrassingly frequently. Chicken-coconut soup (Tom Kha
Gai, IIRC) is pretty safe too. Those dishes tend to be my first
tests of a restaurant. Usually (here, anyway), there are marks
next to the dishes, which show their level of spiciness, and a key
to that on the menu.

--
Jean B.