Posted to rec.food.cooking
Charlene Charette Charlene Charette is offline

Default Thai food recommendation

Steve Pope wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 17:46:29 -0600, Charlene Charette
>
>> My husband and several of our friends like Thai food, but I don't do
>> hot, peppery spices (ginger, garlic, etc. are fine). I know next to
>> nothing about Thai food except that the few times I've tried something
>> it was too hot for me. I'm thinking that surely there must be at least
>> one dish I could eat. Any recommendations?

> Sure, just make Thai food without the chilis, garlic, and ginger.
> It will not taste right to anyone who likes spicy Thai food but
> it may be just right for you.

Garlic and ginger are fine. Garlic goes into almost everything and I
like other Asian foods -- Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese.

--Charlene

--
The point of philosophy is to start with something so simple as not to
seem worth stating, and to end with something so paradoxical that no one

email perronnellec at earthlink . net