Posted to rec.food.cooking
Charlene Charette Charlene Charette is offline

Default Thai food recommendation

Dave Smith wrote:

> I agree about the Pad Thai. I have never found that to be spicy. We have
> a nice Thai restaurant near here and they will adjust the spice to your
> taste using a scale of 1 to 5. The last time we were there with out son
> we toned it down because , while my son and I both like hot spicy food,
> my wife refers it somewhat milder. So we ordered one dish at 2 and the
> other at 3. The 2 was mild for my taste, but the 3 was really hot. They
> must use a logarithmic scale. I hate to imagine what 4 or 5 would be like.

Hubby travels a lot for business and went out for Thai one night. They
asked if he wanted it Thai hot and he said sure. Even my little Cajun
found it to be a bit too much.

--Charlene

--
The point of philosophy is to start with something so simple as not to
seem worth stating, and to end with something so paradoxical that no one

email perronnellec at earthlink . net