Posted to rec.food.cooking
pavane[_2_] pavane[_2_] is offline

Default Cooking a 3 pound standing rib

"dsi1" > wrote in message
news:BqWdndkgVuQjlfDUnZ2dnUVZ_tzinZ2d@hawaiiantel. net...
| blake murphy wrote:
|
| > i went to whole foods thinking that they would have pearl river bridge.
| > nope, kikkoman and maybe one other brand. a couple different tamaris
| > (san-j among them, i think), but that wasn't what i wanted.
|
| I grew up with the idea that Kikkoman was the best, most high-class
| shoyu around. I don't buy it myself but the negative view most folks
| have of the stuff here seems a little excessive. How awful can it be? :-)

Kikkoman is actually one of the better sauces made, naturally brewed
with soybeans, wheat and salt as its only ingredients. They also have a
pretty interesting website for foodie browsing:
http://www.kikkoman.com/index.shtml
I think their problem if any is that they were the first highly available
good quality sauce and they became confused with the chun king
range of poorer products.

pavane