Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_3_] dsi1[_3_] is offline

Default Cooking a 3 pound standing rib

blake murphy wrote:

> i went to whole foods thinking that they would have pearl river bridge.
> nope, kikkoman and maybe one other brand. a couple different tamaris
> (san-j among them, i think), but that wasn't what i wanted.

I grew up with the idea that Kikkoman was the best, most high-class
shoyu around. I don't buy it myself but the negative view most folks
have of the stuff here seems a little excessive. How awful can it be? :-)

> this was at least the third time i went there looking for something just
> slightly out-of-the way and they came up short. ****ed me off.

My guess is that I could go to the really old Chinese market down the
street and find an off-the-wall brand can of soy sauce from Taiwan or
China in some dust laden-tin that's been sitting for years on the shelf.
Just thinking about it makes me shiver. :-)