Posted to rec.food.cooking
dsi1[_2_] dsi1[_2_] is offline

Default Cooking a 3 pound standing rib

On Jan 12, 8:47*pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>

> *dsi1 > wrote:
> > On Jan 12, 8:13*pm, Christine Dabney > wrote:
> > > On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 22:05:26 -0800 (PST), dsi1

> > > Huh?????

> > > 415 would be charred...beyond well done. *You sure you meant those
> > > temps as the roast temps, or were those the oven temps? *

> > > Christine
> > > --http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com

> > Sorry - it's my warped humor. Truth is, I can't imagine what a roast
> > cooked to 220º would be like - makes me want to buy a roast and find
> > out! There goes mah drinkin' money! :-)

> I don't think anybody could be blamed for being confused. *Victor
> posted, in all seriousness, a recipe which called for cooking to 90F! *
> When somebody mentioned that 90F was less than our body temperature,
> Victor added that the instructions (which had been provided in full in
> his original post), called for "resting" the roast in a "warm" oven "for
> some considerable time". *
>
> I'm going to stick to meat loaf!

Good idea. I'm gonna make some real soon! Just stick a loaf in a 350º
oven for a little less than 1 hour. I'm not gonna put any liquid smoke
in that meatloaf - that idea is repulsive to me. However topping the
loaf with ketchup spiked with LS and hot sauce seems real tasty.
Forget about this rib stuff! :-)