Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.restaurants
Nancy Young[_2_] Nancy Young[_2_] is offline

Default Waitress: "How does everything taste?"

Sqwertz wrote:
> A few restaurants have trained their wait-droids to ask, "How does
> everything taste?" instead of the usual, "Can I get you anything?"
> or, "Is everything OK here? <smile>".

Are you kidding? That's a very strange question.

> Does the term, "How does everything taste?" kinda throw people off?
> Granted, that's our cue to ask for more drinks or condiments,

To me they should get a cue because they notice my drink
is empty or I look around for them. Be that as it may, How
does everything taste requires some kind of answer like ...
Good? Yummy? What are they, fishing for a compliment?

> It really gives me the Willies to hear them ask that - it just comes
> out as so ingenuine, IMO.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but it's kind of creepy.

> So last weekend when we were asked "How does everything taste?", we
> both said the sauteed mushrooms were terribly salty and we really
> didn't want them on the table taking up space.
>
> So the waitress offered to rinse them off for us. Duh.

Lovely.

nancy