Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default How Does One Clean The Inside Of An Old Magnalite Pot

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 20:45:27 -0700, Gloria P >
wrote:

>You've gotta hang out at the right places. Have you heard of Bennington
>Pottery?

No.

>I have bought a couple of pieces at a local Goodwill Store for
>$1 and $2. You've gotta search through a lot of junk for a few
>treasures (in the company of some really strange people, too!)

BTDT, never found a real "find" in those places. Most of it is cherry
picked around here and now Good Will has stores for the "better"
quality merchandise.

>These things don't just jump into your lap, ya know?

I know. Back when the military was on the SF Presidio, there was a
second hand shop where I found some great buys. Mainly knick knacky
things, no kitchenware that I drooled over. Way back in the day
before used furniture stores decided to call themselves "antique
shops", I found many pieces of furniture at a good price.

Mae West