Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kathleen[_4_] Kathleen[_4_] is offline

Default REC - Charliam's Favorite Chicken Wings

Interesting. When I do hot wings I don't dredge them in seasoned flour,
they just get rinsed, patted dry, laid out on a rack over a roasting pan
and baked for 1 hour at 450. I've learned to put some water in the
bottom of the pan to avoid setting off the smoke alarm.

My sauce is 2 cloves of garlic, crushed, sauteed in 1/3 cup butter. You
can add 1 finely chopped habanero pepper, seeds and veins removed for
extra heat. Stir in 1/3 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce*, the juice of 1 lime
and a tablespoon of honey. Simmer over low heat until the wings are done.

Note: Make sure you grab the Frank's Red Hot Sauce, not the Frank's
Chicken Wing Sauce, which is already mixed (and not very good, either).