Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default New Year's black Eyed Peas

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Evelyn" > wrote in message
>
>> Julie, please don't get angry, but consider what I am going to say, as it
>> is really and truly meant in the spirit of kindness for you.
>>
>> Every time someone mentions any food, you have a negative comment. You
>> use the word "disgusting" in relation to a great many foods we talk about
>> here extremely often. That is often quite a turnoff to read, especially
>> when we are talking about food.

> I see. So it's okay for you to say you can't eat garlic. Or the other
> person with the egg allergy to say she can't eat eggs. But it's not okay
> for me to say such things. Guess you wouldn't like any of my family then
> because they all have either food allergies or strong dislikes for things.
> And that's both sides of the family. Both mine and my husband's. When I
> cook for them, I try very hard to make dishes they can all eat.
>>
>> People have commented that you seemed depressed. This was never meant
>> in a mean way at all. It is meant in the way of concern for you. You
>> are the perceiver of ill will, but there is no ill will put forth from
>> others, you are imbueing it with ill will. So getting angry at that, is
>> an inappropriate response.
>>

> No? Being called a bitch is not ill will? Saying I don't feed my child
> healthy food is not ill will?
>
>> You seem to feel it is necessary that you tell everyone you can't eat
>> this, and that is "disgusting," and how Angela won't eat it either, no
>> matter what foods we talk about. Any suggestion people make to you in
>> the spirit of kindness and wishing to help, you rebuff. You never say,
>> "thanks for the suggestion, perhaps one day I will consider it" but will
>> go into long tirades about how awful, how distasteful, how disgusting,
>> this or that food...... or even simple storage methods or even cooking
>> methods are. We here, are then placed in the position of being
>> constantly rebuffed by you!

> Well, what do you expect me to say when people are suggesting that I eat
> food that I'm allergic to. Oh sure! I'll try that recipe. And then I'll
> go to the Dr. for a sinus infection that I got after eating it. I don't
> care what you eat or how you cook your food or store your food or
> whatever. But just because I don't choose to do the same doesn't make me
> wrong!
>>
>> You refer to making a nice soup with healthy fresh ingredients as
>> "touching a dead animal" when we are a newsgroup made up of diabetics,
>> who really MUST eat more protein than carbohydrates. Does this not seem
>> ever so slightly inconsiderate to you?

> Well, I don't fit into that category. I do *not* eat more protein, nor am
> I supposed to. Does that not seem slightly incondiserate to you to
> expecct me to be the same? I am on a very strict diet and yes because of
> diabetes complications.
>>
>> I say this in all kindness, that you might want to think about just not
>> saying anything if you can't say something positive. My mom used to tell
> [...]

Julie,

Too bad you feel that way. Guess it hit a nerve. It was supposed to hit
a nerve and make you think. So it hit the nerve but you refuse to think.

So you will go away rather than face it?

Rationalize it away, and go away too, if you must, but you have been told
the truth, Julie. I am apparently not the only one who thinks that you are
on a wrong path, not only with food, but with your daughter, and your
attitude towards food. You are making your child as neurotic about food as
you are. This is NOT an insult, it is a wake up call.

There are LOTS of foods I don't like and foods I don't eat, but I don't feel
a burning need to bust other peoples chops telling them how "disgusting"
those foods are. Notice how FEW other people here go into such tirades
about foods they don't like? They just ignore it when people talk about
things they don't like.

You aren't ready to face the fact that you aren't making any sense. If you
won't eat your own fresh cooking a day later, yet you will eat some nasty
frozen overpriced chicken nuggets that who knows who cooked them and who
knows WHEN they were cooked..... well that's plain crazy.

If you don't like previously frozen food and you won't touch dead animal
meat.......well all I can say is that it is no wonder you are suffering from
so many ailments. Chicken nuggets are not only frozen, but they are not
healthy food, and I don't care how organic they say they are.

You won't believe this, but you really need to consider eating lower
carbohydrates, Julie. All the studies say that diabetics do better on
higher protein and lower carbs. You already are suffering all sorts of
complications. What are you thinking?

Do you want your daughter to lose her mother too young because she didn't
LIKE to eat right?

And by the way, the word SUPPORT is not in this newsgroup. This is a FOOD
newsgroup. With all your dislikes you need to consider that.

But even if SUPPORT is not in the name of this newsgroup, SUPPORT doesn't
always come in a nice package. It sometimes means that people care enough
to tell you the truth, whether you LIKE what they say or not.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world