Posted to alt.food.diabetic
High Miles High Miles is offline

Default New Year's black Eyed Peas

Cheri wrote:

> What purpose does the meaness serve though?

To voice what some others feel but are too nice to voice.

>> You have put the facts as gently and kindly as possible.

> That's what support groups do, and Evelyn is always kind, even when
> she's frustrated.

This is not a support group. It's a food group.
Not suitable for individual mental therapy.

>> However, this silly bitch just doesn't deserve that kind of
>> consideration from me.

> What she doesn't deserve is to be called names like that.

Just my opinion, based upon what she has written about herself.

>> She denies spoiling her daughter. But goes out in foul weather to buy
>> knitting needles ? All the while, whining endlessly about driving
>> conditions.
>> She feeds an overweight gal french fries and I'm sure buys her precious
>> darling other unhealthy treats.

> Which is her own business IMO.

When she chooses to bore strangers with evidence of her poor judgment,
it becomes public business.

>> Her callous disregard and obvious disdain for any constructive
>> suggestions
>> should be a clue to all as to the sort of person she is, and the
>> attitudes she espouses.

> For many, many years...Julie has said that she mostly needs to vent, and
> that she's NOT at all interested in advice in most cases. I take her at
> her word, and allowing a diabetic to vent without harsh judgment is
> support too IMO.

Once again. Venting because you have failed to manage your life
properly does not fit on a food group.
Why doesn't she haul her mess to an appropriate forum ?

>> Most of us have or have had health problems, and yet do not feel the need
>> to burden newsgroups with totally unrelated / off topic crap about our
>> personal lives. Yet - not a day goes by without some half wit
>> post or
>> posts from this silly article. Still, some people seem to dote on
>> her as
>> though she were a damaged child, and not a selfish, if clueless adult.

> I don't see her that way at all, and certainly not as a burden to the
> newsgroup. We are more
> than just diabetics, we're people who sometimes need an ear.

I understand completely. I've filtered her because I don't choose to
provide an ear for someone who clearly refuses ALL offers of valid advice
from people who care.

> Filtering somebody beats the Heck out of beating up on a long time
> poster IMO.
>

> Cheri

I was warned that she had staunch defenders at the other group, but
didn't know the undeserved 'sheltering' covered all the groups she
mucks in on.
From me - people get what they earn. Good or bad.
That one needs to be hit with a two by four until she manages to get
some sense...................if that's even possible this late in life.