Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Cheri[_3_] Cheri[_3_] is offline

Default New Year's black Eyed Peas

"High Miles" > wrote in message
> Evelyn wrote:

>> I really don't know what it is. I know you are a nice person, and I
>> know you like to write. I always read your posts, but they are
>> definitely taking a more negative trend lately. Mentioning it to you
>> is not meant in anything but kindness. I genuinely hope you will think
>> about what I say here, and consider that there are some issues that you
>> may need to address. You can indeed be depressed and not know it. You
>> can indeed be negative sounding, when you don't mean to be. I have been
>> there and done that myself. I tell you this as a friend who wishes you
>> only good in your life.
>>
>> Hugs......
>>

> Meanness alert !!!!

What purpose does the meaness serve though?

> You have put the facts as gently and kindly as possible.

That's what support groups do, and Evelyn is always kind, even when she's
frustrated.

> However, this silly bitch just doesn't deserve that kind of consideration
> from me.

What she doesn't deserve is to be called names like that.

> She denies spoiling her daughter. But goes out in foul weather to buy
> knitting needles ? All the while, whining endlessly about driving
> conditions.
> She feeds an overweight gal french fries and I'm sure buys her precious
> darling other unhealthy treats.

Which is her own business IMO.

> Her callous disregard and obvious disdain for any constructive suggestions
> should be a clue to all as to the sort of person she is, and the attitudes
> she
> espouses.

For many, many years...Julie has said that she mostly needs to vent, and
that she's NOT at all interested in advice in most cases. I take her at her
word, and allowing a diabetic to vent without harsh judgment is support too
IMO.

> Most of us have or have had health problems, and yet do not feel the need
> to burden newsgroups with totally unrelated / off topic crap about our
> personal lives. Yet - not a day goes by without some half wit post or
> posts from this silly article. Still, some people seem to dote on her
> as
> though she were a damaged child, and not a selfish, if clueless adult.

I don't see her that way at all, and certainly not as a burden to the
newsgroup. We are more
than just diabetics, we're people who sometimes need an ear.

> I have her filtered, to avoid wasting time and space on her vapid drivel.

Filtering somebody beats the Heck out of beating up on a long time poster
IMO.

Cheri