Posted to rec.food.equipment
Dee Randall Dee Randall is offline

Default grating chocolate

"nobody" > wrote in message
> Dee Randall wrote:

>>> Do you have a Mouli grater? If you can chip off small rocks, the Mouli
>>> should handle it.

>> Yes, they would definitely be "rocks."
>> I googled images of Mouli and I can't see any that would handle this
>> chocolate. I think I will try melting some; perhaps it's lava :-))
>>
>> Thanks for your helpfulness.
>> Dee Dee

> ROTFL -- now you are making me wonder if my > than year old El Rey has
> also become a rock :-)
>

> Ellen

Maybe if it is in the 60's percentile, it will be better.
I don't like wasting money on buying sugar in chocolate, so I try to go at
least 73%.

Many chocolatiers have gone to using wax, so I've heard; maybe that's what
is causing the hardness? Or would wax be easier to break off, like lava, in
chips?

Dee Dee