Posted to rec.food.equipment
Dee Randall Dee Randall is offline

Default grating chocolate

"jt august" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Dee Randall" > wrote:
>
>> Yes, they would definitely be "rocks."
>> I googled images of Mouli and I can't see any that would handle this
>> chocolate. I think I will try melting some; perhaps it's lava :-))

> "The butter wouldn't melt, so I put it in the pie." - P. McCartney
>
> Chocolate keeps a long time, and although it grays over with time, even
> when sealed, it is still good, and still melts consistently for the
> grade of chcoloate it was/is.
>
> jt

P. McCartney's quote reminds me of when I was using the microwave, I would
put butter in to soften or melt. Some brands would take MUCH longer to melt
than others. I always considered the longer the time, the lesser quality
the butter, but still don't really know.

Now, I've settled on one brand
http://www.kateshomemadebutter.com/K...ter_about.html
that I wouldn't be able to get here at all. I buy it in Connecticut and
freeze it for use, which is not much different than how I treated other
butter that I have bought.

Dee Dee