Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Moderator needed for rec.food.recipes

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> "Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> > On Tue, 6 Jan 2009 00:56:22 +0000 (UTC), PeterL >
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Omelet > wrote in newsmpomelet-C524F7.12532305012009
> :

> >>Strictly in moderation, of course :-)

> > Well, I would check with Patricia about that.
> >
> > She came to my cook-in (she lives here in ABQ) and we asked her about
> > moderating RFR. She said it took several hours per week to do it.
> >
> > Christine
> > --
> > http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com

> I haven't read rfr for quite some time, but I wonder if the moderators job
> also includes 'vetting' recipes? There have been a lot of complaints here
> about how so much of the recipe content on rfr is add a can of this and a
> can of that soup. Some of the recipes people have referred to here sounded
> truly horrific. I'm not adverse to using canned soups in some things. I'm
> not a cookbook snob. But from what I've heard discussed here rfr is pretty
> much a Sandra Lee type recipe posting place. Does the task of moderator
> mean these are actually tried and true recipes and not just something
> copy/pasted from [name your civic organization or church group] cookbook?
> Just curious.
>
> Jill

A recipe is a recipe... Unless it contained something obviously inedible
(making it a troll), I'd pass it and let the readers decide if they
wanted to try it or not.

Less experienced cooks LIKE recipes with "a can of this or that", and
perhaps a few chunks of Velveeta. <g>
--
Peace! Om

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." -- Dalai Lama