Posted to rec.food.cooking
PeterLucas[_5_] PeterLucas[_5_] is offline

Default Moderator needed for rec.food.recipes

Janet Wilder > wrote in
:

> Arri London wrote:
>>
>> Christine Dabney wrote:

>>> Well, I would check with Patricia about that.
>>>
>>> She came to my cook-in (she lives here in ABQ) and we asked her
>>> about moderating RFR. She said it took several hours per week to do
>>> it.
>>>
>>> Christine
>>> --
>>> http://nightstirrings.blogspot.com

>> Agreed. Years ago I moderated a busy Yahoo group. Took a *lot* of
>> time to do it properly. Gave up after a year.

> I co-moderated a busy Yahoo! group and I agree.
>
> I owned a Yahoo! group for a while and was the sole moderator. Lost a
> "friend" over it. She was stupid enough to make a not nice comment
> about me on the group, I bounced her and I no longer communicate with
> her.

LOL!!! Bad move dissing the moderator :-)

> Both of those groups were from my RVing life. I unsubscribed from the
> one and closed the other. Life is much more enjoyable without those
> chores.

I owned, and still own, a Yahoo Group. I started it originally because
of all the stalkers and trolls that were infecting the newsgroup. It's
been happily chugging along now for about 8 years. I 'appointed' a co-
moderator who looks after the group during my many absences.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

"The joys of the table belong equally to all ages, conditions, countries
and times; they mix with all other pleasures, and remain the last to
console us for their loss."
Jean Antheleme Brillet-Savarin,