Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default Any ideas for fresh limes?

"A R Pickett" > wrote:
> Thanks, everyone.
>
> I particularly like the salad dressing idea, and also the granita!

Spicey Ceviche by Fosco

The following recipe is for 2 lb of shrimp.

Ingredients:

2 lb of RAW Shrimp
Lime (15 aprox) (I recommend to taste it first so it is not sour).
Onion (1/4 of the onion aprox).
Black Pepper.
Salt.
10 or more Serranos - I used 15
Handful of Cilantro (remove the dry leaves and the not so beautiful portion
of the stem).
Tostadas.

Preparation:

1)Shell and butterfly the raw shrimp.

2) Put the shrimp nicely layed out in a container.

3) Slice some onion over the shrimp (we normally slice 1/4 of the onion, if
you can get the purple one it's better) and sprinkle with black pepper and
salt, to taste.

4) Squeeze lime all over it until all the shrimp is well-covered by the
juice .
5) Once the shrimps turns PINK color, (it's a good sign !! you've done it
right so far), pour the liquids (lime mainly) into the blender and add the
chiles, the cilantro, a bit of salt and blend it !!!, you are almost done.
.. . .

6) Once you blended this delicious mixture, make sure that the liquid is
not too viscous, if so, just add little water, not much, and then pour into
the container with the shrimp and let it rest for about 2 to 3 hrs.

7) Serve it with Tostadas !!

I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.