Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.asian
Sqwertz Sqwertz is offline

Default Thit Kno - Vietnamese Pork Belly Stew

"Jean B." > wrote:

> Yum, yum! But I am trying to LC--and this category of Vietnamese
> cooking wouldn't lend itself to that, alas.

The kho itself can be made fairly LC by just omitting the kecap
manis. What's left is only aboiut 1.5 TB of burnt sugar per quart
of broth and 5lbs of meat. Kho is usually just eaten on it's own
with a Vietnamese table salad (bean sprouts, cilantro, mint, basil,
lettuce, peppers, herbs) at it's disposal.

I'm not sure what effect burning the sugar has on its carb content.

-sw