Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Any ideas for fresh limes?

A R Pickett wrote:
> My brother and his wife live near Orlando, and have citrus trees on their
> property. Each year we get a shipment round Xmas time.
>
> Most of my prior uses for them involved a sugary dessert of some type, but
> since discovering T2 in August, that's out.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> TIA!

Granita! Here's a recipe for lemon/lime, but you can make it with all
lime juice.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Lemon Lime Granita

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : desserts

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup fresh lime juice -- Persian
1/2 cup Splenda
1 16.9 ounce bottle of filtered water -- chilled
1/2 ounce vodka (optional)*
Place a 13" x 9" oblong metal baking pan in the freezer for at least
half an hour.

Juice the lemons and limes. Add the Splenda and the water. Stir to all
is dissolved.

Pour into the metal pan and freeze for 30 minutes.

After 30 minutes, using a fork, scraps the ice from the sides of the pan
and "rake" the mixture. Make sure there are no large chunks of ice.

Repeat 2 to 4 more times, raking every 30 minutes until mixture is
completely frozen and granular.

Remove to a covered container and serve scoops in champaign saucers or
similar small dishes.

If not serving, freeze. When ready to serve, remove from freezer for 10
to 15 minutes. Stir with a fork to break up any chunks and serve as above.

*the vodka keeps it from freezing too hard and gives it a slushier texture.

Cuisine:
"Italian"

--
Janet Wilder