Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Alice Faber Alice Faber is offline

Default Any ideas for fresh limes?

In article >,
"A R Pickett" > wrote:

> My brother and his wife live near Orlando, and have citrus trees on their
> property. Each year we get a shipment round Xmas time.
>
> Most of my prior uses for them involved a sugary dessert of some type, but
> since discovering T2 in August, that's out.
>
> Anyone have any ideas?

Guacamole, ceviche, and probably other Mexican-inspired dishes.

You have to be a little sparing with this, as the lime juice has some
carbs, but a glass of sugar-free limeade can be a fine treat. Take a
tall highball glass, add the juice of one lime, a little bit of Splenda
(or other artificial sweetener of your choice), as much ice as you'd
like, and top off with cold water.

--
"[xxx] has very definite opinions, and does not suffer fools lightly.
This, apparently, upsets the fools."