Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Got my 6 qt crockpot

Julie Bove wrote:
> Now what shall I make with it? What are your favorite things to do with a
> crockpot? I like to make soup. I just ordered some new soup mugs that are
> unbreakable. We have three different kinds because we keep breaking them.

I used my slow-cooker (Crock Pot® is a registered trademark) for pot
roast, brisket, corned beef, ribs and sauerkraut and anything that needs
a long, slow braising. They are good for beans, but you have to boil
them first then slow cook them with the seasonings like you would if
making them in the oven.

If yours is a Rival ™ brand be very careful. The newer Rivals are
notorious for running very hot. I threw mine out with the beans it burnt
on "warm" I now have a Hamilton Beech which I dearly love.

I much prefer my pressure cooker for soups.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation