Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nicky Nicky is offline

Default Got my 6 qt crockpot

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 23:04:16 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>Not really casseroles. At least not most of them. A lot of those use pasta
>or rice and in most cases it doesn't do well in the crockpot. And most call
>for some kind of cream of something or other soup which we can't eat.

LOL - Julie, NONE of Alan's recipes, or mine, for a casserole would
call for pasta, or rice, or "cream of something or other" - you
Americans have done something completely your own with the concept;
the original version is a combo of whatever meat, beans, grains, and
veggies you have around, flavoured with whatever spices you have
handy, and cooked in whatever liquid you like. So perfectly suited to
crockpot cooking, where you just reduce the liquid volumes. Experiment
away...

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine