Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Got my 6 qt crockpot

"Alan S" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 21:30:33 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>Now what shall I make with it? What are your favorite things to do with a
>>crockpot? I like to make soup. I just ordered some new soup mugs that
>>are
>>unbreakable. We have three different kinds because we keep breaking them.
>>

> I don't have a crockpot, but any good stew or casserole
> recipe should work well.

Not really casseroles. At least not most of them. A lot of those use pasta
or rice and in most cases it doesn't do well in the crockpot. And most call
for some kind of cream of something or other soup which we can't eat.

I do have a chicken and rice recipe that I love but I'm the only one.

We don't eat much stew. I occasionally do a chicken stew but I can't digest
beef stew unless it's ground beef stew.