Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Nick Cramer Nick Cramer is offline

Default New Year's black Eyed Peas

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> > Nick Cramer wrote:
> >
> >> Have a great trip! Sicily is fantastic!"

> > We just had a recent misfortune requiring a stay in Palermo, Sicily.
> > The food was almost inedible due to the huge quantities of salt they
> > routinely use. Even the bread was very salty. From what our local
> > contact person said, all the food in Sicily is highly salted.
> >
> > The pastries aren't salty, but one can't live on pastry.

> Interesting. Husband's family is Italian and I've been told they come
> from Sicily. Could explain why husband puts so much salt on everything.

Does he know what village, town, city or region? My Grandfather came from
Giardini-Naxos, on the east end of Sicily, between Taormina and Catania.

Mediterranian sea salt is tasty. I like a few crystals on a Tbs of olive
oil or a slice of tomato, but, as AlanS says, "All things in moderation,
except laughter!"

I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.