Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default New Year's black Eyed Peas

Jacquie > wrote:
: When I cook hubby cleans When we have family over the men do clean
: up...Yes we trained them well..LOL.
: That split pea soup sounds yummy...I haven't had it in so long. ...Hubby
: doesn't like green stuff unless its in a salad Many restaurants don't
: seem to serve it anymore..or I am there on the wrong day.

I would hesitate to eat split pea soup in a restaurant. It is generally
very thick, having been thickened by some additional starch besides he
peas themselves. also watch any creamed spinach in restaurants, as it is
ofen similarly thickened with either flour or cornstarch. I learned this
the hard way some years ago.

I don't make split pea soup anymore, but I do lightly lentiled lentil
soup, usign about half of what the recipe calls for and adding oher less
starchy vegetables. If you like it thck, puree the soup, either partly or
entirely.

Wendy