Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Steve[_6_] Steve[_6_] is offline

Default Suggestions welcome

Joe is right that there is some business to be made from making beer
for customers. I do NOT recommend getting into all grain or kettles
or whatever. Make the wort kits (Brewhouse, Brewers Spring, Barons).
I would even avoid carbonating it, and just go with priming. You'll
get more beer customers if you carbonate, but will need a walk-in
cooler, method of carbonating, method of filling bottles, etc.
Probably not worth it for the amount of business that beer making will
generate.

If I was starting a new FoP, I would do those kits, and prime them, no
carbonation.

In Ontario, some of the FoPs won't even order a beer kit for me. All
they would have to do is add one item to their next order. Heck, I'll
even tell them the product code number if they are too lazy to find it
out on their own.

Steve