Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Any (electric) deep-fryer recommendations?

Sheldon wrote:
> Arri London wrote:
>> We got rid of the old T-Fal/Tefal one after many years. Got tired of
>> trying to clean it out every time.
>>
>> Would like one with a drainage spout and/or removeable interior pan.

> What's a drainage spout and/or removeable interior pan?
>
>> Doesn't need to be huge.

> Define huge. What are you cooking? For how many are you cooking?

The bigger the fryer the better. Small fryers drop the temperature too
much when you put anything other than a very small amount in to be
cooked. Large fryers have enough hot fat to maintain a high temperature,
and that makes things nice and crispy instead of greasy and soggy.