Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
bobdrob[_2_] bobdrob[_2_] is offline

Default Suggestions welcome

I seriously doubt that he grows; my wholesaler said he buys from growers &
brokers ( California & Chile grapes, & Italian juices) like everyone else in
our area. Please keep the group posted as to your progress. Lord knows
postings drop off over the winter... HTH & good luck regards, bob

"Waterspider" > wrote in message
cablecommunications...

> "bobdrob" > wrote in message
>> there's a guy in Boston who's doing something similar, I think. I've
>> heard that he's relatively expensive - positioned towards the (formerly?)
>> monied folks who like the idea of having a condo-made wine but don't want
>> to get their hands purple. I spoke to them by phone when they opened &
>> they seemed like nice enough folks... here's his site:
>> http://bostonwinery.net/index.htm
>>

> Thanks for the link, it's given me ideas for our website. This guy is
> doing a much larger scale production that we'll be doing, i.e. growing his
> own grapes. Looks like a full fledged winery. There's a local family who
> started a vineyard several years ago and we hope to be working with them
> too, but they won't have any usable product for a couple more years. In
> the meantime, we'll buy grapes from Vancouver.
>
> Our customers will want to get their hands purple and be a part of the
> process from selecting the kit or juice to corking the bottles, and that's
> also a requirement of our Liquor Control Board.
>>

>> "Waterspider" > wrote in message
>> cablecommunications...
>>> I've been lurking for a while now and have decided that you guys are a
>>> knowledgeable bunch when it comes to wines and winemaking.
>>> So, I'd like to ask your advice about a new business my friend and I are
>>> starting: a u-vin, in a small community on the BC coast (Canada). I'm
>>> assuming many of you are familiar with this type of facility (if you're
>>> not, I'm happy to explain), so I wonder...
>>>
>>> 1. What have you seen that you dislike in u-vin operations?
>>> 2. What would you say are must-have features?