Posted to rec.food.cooking
cybercat cybercat is offline

Default The Future of RFC?

:

>>> You know it's a sad day in RFC when all people can do is respond
>>> mindlessly to drunken stupor Andy posts.
>>>
>>> 68% of the posts today were about absolutely nothing.
>>>
>>> Have you all gone bonkers? Is this the future of RFC?
>>>
>>> -sw
>>>

>>People here are still in shock. Give them some time.

> It's halfway between Christmas and New Years... nobody is posting
> ANYTHING of substance ANYWHERE on the internet - everyone's in their
> annual holiday torpor or they're too busy celebrating years-end with
> their families.

In other words, it's business as usual. Usenet wouldn't be Usenet without
the whiners who are lamenting what it is not that they wish it was. "What it
used to be," "more on topic," and, my personal favorite, filled with only
the types of posts by the types of people they want to read.

The end of Usenet comes when any of these freaks can actually control what
is being posted, including the troll posts and including the spam.