Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The Future of RFC?

On Tue 30 Dec 2008 12:49:22a, ChattyCathy told us...

> Andy wrote:
>
>> Wayne Boatwright said...
>>>
>>> That doesn't discount the fact that most of Andy's posts are largely

>> silly
>>> or stupid, no matter how people respond to them.

>> Like YOU'RE Mr. Magic??? Ya BUM!!!

> I don't get this. IIRC, you two used to get along just fine. Obviously I
> missed something...
>
> <please bear with me - I feel a rant coming on>
>
> It would appear that Greg Morrow has been polite to cybercat lately (and
> has actually been discussing food with her) right here on r.f.c. You
> could have knocked me over with a feather when I read some of his
> recent posts, but when I thought about it, I had to say, 'Good for
> him/them'.
>
> In view of that good example, could I perhaps persuade you two to do the
> same?
>
> I, in turn, will promise to continue to abstain from making rude remarks
> to and/or about cybercat (which I have been doing for a few weeks, not
> that you probably noticed) because I thought it had gone
> beyond 'amusing'. FWIW, we used to get along too, believe it or not. I
> ****ed her off (justifiably so) quite a while back and it just
> snowballed from there.
>
> However, I won't make any promises to turn into an 'angel' overnight; I
> still have one or two other sparring partners here, and I've gotta do
> this in 'baby steps' ;-)
>
> Anyway, my point is this - IMHO, if they can do it, so can we. What say
> you?

I say that I'm better off just ignoring Andy's posts altogether. In fact,
he has been in my killfile for some time, so I only see him quoted.
Actually, I was responding to Steve's post regarding Andy. IMHO, for some
time Andy's posts have basically contributed nothing and have consisted of
little more than silly one-liners or inane, irrelevant or pointless
questions. No, I won't be "making nice" or apologizing for something I
believe to be true. I will however, attempt to abstain from any comments
altogther. If that doesn't satisfy you, then I guess there'll be no
satisfaction. Sorry, Cathy.

Mind you, if he responds to this, don't be surprised at my reply. I didn't
write this to himi, but to you.

Kill file growning by leaps and bounds.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Date: Tuesday, 12(XII)/30(XXX)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till New Year's Eve
18hrs 27mins
Every morning is the dawn of a new error...