BW

Default Question: "What's the thrill of cooking"

I'm researching the thrill of food. I'm looking through all the sub
groups in rec.food looking for answers. Can you help answer the
particular question "What's the thrill of cooking?"

Is it finding new recipes, pushing your skills to the limits,
performing in front of friends, adoration from guests, new amazing
taste combinations, finding ingredients…

I am a research fellow at the Royal College of Art, England. As part
of my current work I'm trying to find out what thrills people, how and
why. My only rule is, "if it was thrilling, then I'm interested in
it". I'm aiming to create a stimulating resource of material to
inspire new design work.

As part of the process, I'm taking time to travel across the Google
User Groups and read past articles written about the thrill of that
activity. Today I'm looking at food related thrills! Some interesting
past articles have popped up in R.F.C . I'd like to know more about
your experiences of thrill related in some way to cooking.

I invite anyone at R.F.C to take a short interview. The results will
be published on the website www.chromo11.com, along with a growing
collection of other interviews from all walks of life. You can see the
interview at www.chromo11.com/interview16 along with instructions on
how to complete it. (it can be done off-line).

We can talk further in this user-group (please be patient at it takes
me a couple of days to revisit each group) - but it's most
constructive to have comments put forward in the interview format.
Even though this isn't scientific research, the interview is
constructed to help me understand your experiences.

I hope you can help, I think it'll make a fantastic edition to the
growing thrill collection.

Thanks

Brendan Walker
+44 (0)20 7590 4573