mamasaid mamasaid is offline
Experienced Member

The economy is so stressed, I can't believe how many big businesses are going out of business. I used to love Linens and Things years ago before I had kids and watched prices. I purchased my French press there and still use it to make my favorite Kona coffee. Even gourmet shops are closing like there is no tomorrow and I can only find Kona blends locally. Now I order from https://konaluna.com to get pure Kona coffee delivered right to my door. I also wind up doing a lot of my other shopping online now, including my linens. Found great sheets recently at Overstock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Randall View Post
A week or so ago, there were guys standing on the corner with signs
suggesting there were 40% off at Linens... We stopped in -- I didn't see
anything but the same ole stuff, but at 20% off, which I think that is what
you can usually get items for if you look in the coupons.

Today there being only 8 days left and seeing a sign for 70% off, we decided
to go in. Now just where in the h--- did all the stuff go to? There was
hardly a thing in the store -- mostly blankets and coverlets, A couple (7)
of odd-ball kitchen pans and nothing at all on the wall of Oxo things.

I'm still wondering how they got all of that stuff out of there even at 70%
.... did the fairies come in at night?

I bought a Krups 12 cup coffee pitcher replacement, because I like them for
a pot of tea ... light in weight and easy to pour. Still, at that, it was
$10.

The clerk charged twice to the lady ahead of us for a comforter and forgot
to deduct the overcharge. When the customer came back and said that she
noticed she had been charged for it, the clerk laughed out loud and said,
"Oh, I do that ALL THE TIME." DH and I got a big laugh out of that one.

Even at that I'll miss Linen 'n Things, even though a brand name comforter I
bought was $169 -- or was it $199 -- when I found the exact one at Costco
for $49. I bought my 'first' Aerogarden there -- it wasn't me that made
this company go broke. I'm wondering, will the town bring in Bed, Breakfast
and Beyond? :-)))

Dee Dee