Posted to rec.food.equipment
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Linen and No More things

"Dee Randall" < wrote in message

> "jt august" < wrote in message
>> In article <>> "Bertie Doe" wrote:
>>
>>> BTW
>>> your link is broken, see how half isn't underlined. No worries here's
>>> the
>>> tinyurl version
>>> http://tinyurl.com/42er2e

>> Funny, I have posted long url's before, and sometimes they break like
>> that and other times they don't. Thanks for the tinyurl shortcut, but
>> for the benefit of those who don't trust/like tinyurl, some readers will
>> allow you to highlight the complete url across however many lines and
>> then reattach them automatically why you double click. Or if push comes
>> to shove, copy the complete url and paste into your favorite browser.
>>
>> jt

> Mine won't completely highlight both lines, but I put the first line in
> "run" then I add the second line to it -- no big problem. However,
> tinyurl's are always nice - thanks for your consideration -- however, am
> curious as to what's not to trust about tinyurl -- realizing that you're
> not the giver-forth-of-all-knowledge -- just what have you heard?
> Interested,
> Dee Dee

Agh yes, I agree now with the others, tinyurl SHOULD be safe if you know
that it's quoted by a regular poster. But supposing the 'regulars' name has
been forged.
What I should have done was type the word 'preview.' before the word
'tinyurl'. This will give you the full original link, thus giving you the
option whether to load or ignore.

If you see someone has done a tinyurl link, there is nothing to stop you
re-typing the link with the word preview. inserted and don't forget the
<dot> between preview and tinyurl.

If you look at my example above http://tinyurl.com/42er2e / highlight
it/click edit/click copy/insert preview./ http://preview.tinyurl.com/42er2e
(remember the dot) then highlight/edit and then copy this into your
browser.This will give you the full history of the link - in this case
google groups and author : august. You can then click 'proceed to this
site'. I've copied the history of the above preview.tinyurl.com/42er2e, as
follows :-

This TinyURL redirects to:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.food.recip
es/browse_thread/thread/f2efa1dc7a0c14bd?hl=e
n&q=group:rec.food.recipes+author:jt+auth
or:august

Proceed to this site.

Bertie